Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

One Little Word 2014: Inspirational Layout


I am a little behind in my OLW prompts.  I have written out all my January prompts, but I haven't written them all pretty on the cardstock to go into my album.  I haven't even looked at February's prompts....My goal this month is to get caught up though!

I think I mentioned before that I wanted to make a 12"x12" layout of my OLW that I can display as a reminder all year long.  I got the inspiration from Wilna Furstenberg's first and last videos of the Two Peas in a Bucket "In the Mood to Scrap" 2013 video series.  Her first video and layout can be found here.  Her last video in that series, documenting her One Little Word for 2014 can be found here.

Before I started this layout, I knew I wanted to do some brush script of my OLW: DO on white cardstock in several places.  I also wanted to use a recent photo of myself.  And I wanted to use products and papers from Maggie Holmes' Flea Market collection because I have tons of it!


I have to say, I absolutely LOVE this layout!  It did not turn out exactly how I had envisioned in my head, but I still love it!  After I completed the brush script, I wanted to tone it down a bit, so I sewed on a piece of vellum onto the background to create a soft look (except for the top "do," which I wanted to stand out).  Before the vellum was sewn down, I added a scattering of sequins and a punched border.


And then came the layering....I know I've said this before and I'll say it again, but I LOVE LAYERING!!  It's such a great way to use up paper scraps.  Everything on this layout is from the Flea Market collection except for the resin flower and pearl brads, the tag hiding my journaling, the vellum, the sequins, the doilies and the white cardstock.


This layout was so much fun to put together.  Having coordinating pieces or a collection just makes it easier to put things onto paper.  


As you all are well aware by this point, I am loving the gold trend and Maggie Holmes' collection just looks so great with gold.  


I still need to purchase a shadow box to house and display this layout in my scrap room.  It's just too pretty to be tucked away in an album.  Plus, I need it to help me to take action with DOing things this year.

I'm also making a simple journal to write in throughout the year to help document my actions, as well as to note the difficulties.  This journal does not coordinate with this layout as I used pieces from Studio Calico's Printshop collection.  I just need to decorate the cover and I'll let you all take a peek at it!

So, how are you doing with your One Little Word?  Have you made any inspirational pieces to help keep your mind on it?  I'd love to hear what you all have to say!  Leave me some comments down below!

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: