Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Practical Scrappers Full Reveal: Sketch Layout

As promised, here are some more detail shots of and the story behind this layout.  Yesterday, on the Practical Scrappers blog, some of the other ladies and I shared our take on April's layout sketch.


I stuck pretty closely to this sketch.  That is what I love about sketches:  they can be interpreted exactly as the sketch or they can be used as an inspirational starting piece to get those creative juices flowing, among other ways sketches can be helpful in scrapbooking.

Full Layout

And here is my full layout!  I used my February Citrus Twist Kit, along with pieces of my stash, to complete this layout.  One of the great things about sketches, for me at least, is how quickly they come together.  This layout was completed, journaling and all, in a little over an hour (if I had to guess).

Photo Cluster

The Story Behind This Layout
This is a photo of my younger brother (many, many years ago) and our childhood dog, Mikey.  We probably got Mikey when I was in middle school.  We only had him for a couple years.  My childhood home was pretty small for 5 people.  Add a highly energetic dog to the close quarters and you get, what I like to call, a renegade Mikey!  

Embellishment Cluster

Mikey's previous owner was an elderly woman.  He was not trained very well.  Whenever we opened the doors at home, Mikey would fly out if we weren't paying attention.  And boy, could that dog run!  He would run for blocks!  All three of us (my brother, my sister, and myself) would chase after him.  It would get so frustrating!  

Title

As I mentioned before, we only had Mikey for a couple years.  My parents realized they just didn't have the time and space for such an energetic dog.  My mom had a coworker at the time who lived on some land with a few other dogs.  She was happy to welcome another dog to her loving dog friendly home.  

Mikey was the only dog I had until Michael and I rescued our dog, Willie, in 2009.

So, there's some more detailed photos of my layout and the story behind Renegade Mikey.  Hope you enjoyed it!

Don't forget, Just Two Midwest Girls scrap challenge is still going on until 8PM CST on Thursday, April 3.  Click on the facebook link in my sidebar for more details on how to play along!

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: