Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Project Lifein' It Tuesday

My goodness, can you believe it's November?!  The last few months have been flying by!  I'm getting so excited for Christmas and can't wait to get my hands on the Citrus Twist Christmas Daily kits.  Yes, I got both the main scrapbook kit AND the pocket style kit.  I couldn't help myself.  I can't wait to get them!

Anyways, here's my (almost) last spread for September.




Guys, I do want to apologize for the quality of these photos.  It's really difficult for me to take photos with natural light because I'm never home when there is natural light flooding my windows.  Unless it's the weekend, but I still haven't been able to work that far ahead.  I am working on it though.  I promise!

Okay, with this spread, I used my September Citrus Twist main scrapbook kit.  I don't know what it is about this month's kit, but I haven't been that inspired to use it, so I'm using any project as an excuse to "kill" this kit.  My October kit is still sitting in it's box and I'm itching to use it!  But I want to try to use as much as September's kit as I can.

Complete side note:  I need to get better at telling stories using pictures that remind me of certain things, triggers memories, etc.  I think that's what has been a barrier for me.  I feel as if I don't have good pictures to scrap or pictures that tell a story, but I have a stack of photos on my table!  I need to channel my inner Shimelle and scrap photos that trigger a memory or something like that.  


I love this "title" card!  I've totally been digging lace doilies and would love to add them to everything!  Also, the exclusive wood veneer that comes in the Citrus Twist kits are awesome!  The "Hello" tag is just such an example. You can't find anything like that anywhere else.  I was totally inspired by Stephanie Bryan's week-long posts about vellum on write. click. scrapbook's. blog a couple weeks ago.  So, in honor of inspiration, I printed my journaling on vellum!  And it was so easy!  Definitely recommend.  I didn't have to do anything special to it.  I just treated the process as I would treat printing on a journaling card.


I purchased the October Add-On stamp, which you can see an image of above, and it's all about food.  I needed a stamp like that because I document a lot of food and meals.  This stamp set will also come in handy with the holidays coming up.  Yum, holiday food....


Look, I made a filler card.  From scratch!  I love that patterned paper from Carta Bella's Hello Again collection.  This patterned paper was in the CT September kit.  I don't think I used anything other than this kit, except for the gold triangle washi, yellow alphas, and the orange/white labels.  It was definitely easier to complete this spread working from a coordinating kit. I don't mind putting together my own kits, but it takes me forever going through my stash.  Having it already done is so much less stressful.

Don't forget, you guys have until Wednesday at midnight to link up your take on the Sweet & Kelster blog series Halloween challenge.  Details can be found here.  There is a $5 Two Peas in a Bucket gift certificate for the winner!

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: