Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

On My Wishlist Wednesday

Happy Hump Day everyone!  I hope you all are gearing up and ready for Thanksgiving.  I know I am!  I'm excited to help my mom in the kitchen and eat food all. day. long.  Now, with Black Friday a couple days away, I wanted to share with you a few more items on my wishlist.  Hopefully, there will be some big sales so I can get a few things! 

The item on the top of my list for the past 10-12 months....drum roll, please...

Silhouette Cameo from Silhouette America
I mean, who doesn't have this on their list that doesn't already own one?  I currently have a Cricut Expression 2, but I just don't use it.  I have 5 or so cartridges, but 90% of those images I don't use.  I love that with the Cameo, you can cut words from fonts already on your computer-for FREE!  I love that you can buy single images.  I love all the free digital cuts out there, or those cut files that come with scrapbook kits/classes, or the inexpensive ones, like these from Two Peas in a Bucket.  I would use the Cameo.  I already use my laptop with the Cricut Expression 2 because it's easier for me to size images and weld them together, so having to use my laptop all the time with the Cameo would not be a con for me.

The Art of Modern Calligraphy, online class on Skillshare
I have totally be loving the look of modern calligraphy. It's just gorgeous.  This class, on Skillshare, sounds really fun.  The class itself is affordable-$20.  There is a list of materials, i.e. the pen holder, various nibs, ink, etc. that are affordable as well.  I added everything up and it would be $16-$18 plus shipping, which I don't think is too bad.  Especially if the nibs will last for awhile, the ink is the only item you'd have to get frequently.  Maybe after the holidays, I'll take this class... And if I do, I'll be sharing my projects and practice lines here, with you all!
Zig WINK OF STELLA Fine Point Glitter Pens, Pack of 12 at Simon Says Stamp
So, you all have heard about those super popular Wink of Stella Glitter Pens?  Well, these are a pack of FINE POINT glitter pens!  The regular glitter pens have a nice brush tip, but these particular pens are fine point, making it easier to go over thin lines, small letters, or to fill in small images.  The colors included in this pack are just awesome!

Viva Decor Paper Pens, Simon Says Stamp

I know this only shows one color-silver, but I want all the colors!  These snazzy little paper pens can be used to make your own enamel dots!  This video, by Jennifer McGuire, shows you how she uses these pens from Viva to make her own dots.  It seems pretty economical to me!  One pen is about $5, but it would last forever!  Where as one package of enamel dots, would only last for a handful of projects.  Yeah, I want one of these pens in every color!

Okay lovely readers, I hope you found some fun things to put on your wishlist.  Hopefully there will be some great sales coming up this holiday season to spoil ourselves.  I'll be back on Thursday to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!

xoxo,
Heather

1 comment:

craftykellyj said...

Love this week's wishlist! Keep these posts coming because I'm learning all of the things I want from you!