Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!  My goodness, I cannot believe how quickly 2013 came and went.  It was definitely a year of challenges, realizations, growing, learning, and happy, happy memories.  I feel like I've become more mindful of myself and how I portray myself to others.  I've become more grateful for my life as it is, but still not forgetting about my dream for the future.  I've been better at being present in the moment.  I've been so much better about communicating with my husband. (Boy, that was something very different for me after I got married.  My husband and I had been together for 3 years when we got married, but 2 of those years I was living in another state getting my Master's degree.  It was difficult for me to open up and talk to him about stuff I used to take care of myself since I'm pretty independent.)  And that will always be an ongoing thing in my life and it's extremely rewarding to have someone like him by my side.  

Some things I want to work on/achieve in 2014:
-making my Etsy shop into a small business/part-time work
-running a 5K
-getting back into yoga regularly
-joining a gym (not to lose weight, but to get in shape and be healthy)
-planning and making more meals
-saving more money
-using my mint.com account (I signed up a few years ago and used it for 6 months or something until I went to graduate school, then I completely stopped.)
-being more thoughtful about my purchases, especially when it comes to papercrafting
-sending out more cards
-visiting my friends
-journaling more
-cleaning out our basement, painting the floor and resealing/painting the walls (it's unfinished)
-painting the living room
-learning calligraphy (I have been loving this trend of modern calligraphy.  Definitely want to jump on the bandwagon.)

I lot of these goals are more of a lifestyle change and will take me awhile to get accustomed to and make a part of my daily life.  Some stuff can just be crossed off a list after it's completed.  I just need to remember that change takes time and work.  I'm not going to succeed overnight.  It may take weeks, even months.  But I need to actively work towards making these goals a part of me and who I am.  There's no better time than the present.  Plus, we don't have kids yet, so I want to make a habit of things so they don't go on the wayside when little ones do come in the picture.  

And here are just some words of wisdom to get you pumped up for 2014:





Here's to a happy, healthy, prosperous new year to you and yours.  Let's make 2014 a kick ass year!

xoxo,
Heather

1 comment:

Lisa Echerd said...

Wish you all the best on your list and to have a great 2014!