Pages

Friday, January 17, 2014

Just Two Midwest Girls Scrap Challenge: Scrap Your Goals!


Welcome back everyone!  Kelly and I saw some awesome December albums for our last challenge.  Our winner is Amanda! Please contact Kelly about your prize. Check out Amanda's amazing album here.  Thank you to everyone who linked up their albums.  Please continue to play along with us!

Whoa, have these two weeks just flown by!  Kelly and I are back with a fun new challenge that's perfect for the beginning of a new year.  Today, we're bringing you our projects where we scrap our goals!


2014 Intentions by Ali Edwards

This layout, by Ali Edwards, was our inspiration piece.  This layout and the Ali Edwards' story can be found here in the Winter 2013 issue of Scrapbooking and Cards Today (this is a free online magazine, by the way!).  Her story begins on page 53.



This challenge was a perfect way for me to scrap about my One Little Word.  I honestly didn't have any intention of doing a layout like this, but it just went perfectly with some of the January prompts for Ali's workshop.

I was going through my stack of patterned paper and cardstock a week or so ago.  I started matching up some papers for a project I had in mind (more on that in another post).  The combination of this large confetti circle patterned paper from Glitz Design's Wild & Free collection with this lime green cardstock was meant to be.  I just couldn't stop thinking about how fun and bright and ME these papers were, so I knew I had to use them for this challenge.

I mounted the patterned paper onto the green cardstock and brought in this white chevron arrow heads on a pink background patterned paper from Dear Lizzy's Polka Dot Party line.  I used this paper for strips at the top and bottom of the layout, as well as for a mat behind my picture.



I took this picture last week while at work.  I wanted a recent photo of me, but I didn't have a good one, so I had to take a work selfie.  And because the lighting sucked and I knew what colors I'd use for this layout, I toned the photo down by making it black and white.

For the layers behind my photo, I used some of the lime green cardstock, scraps from another Glitz Design Wild & Free paper (black hearts on a white background), the Dear Lizzy pink patterned paper, a glassine bag, and I believe a gray patterned paper also from the Wild & Free collection.  I have been loving this stack of patterned paper behind a photo.  

The "2014" is Dear Lizzy Thickers and the word "intentions" is cut out from the same lime green paper using my Cameo.  I just used a font on my computer (I think it was Honey Script).  





 Before this layout even started, I knew I wanted to use those big numbers from the Heidi Swapp Mixed Company Ephemera Pack (this came in the November 2013 Citrus Twist main scrapbook kit).  I wanted this to be in a list format.  As the layout was coming together, I really wanted those circles on the patterned paper to be my journaling spots.  That's how I figured out where to space my numbers.  I ran a neon pink highlighter around the edges of each number to make them pop against the background.  Before, the numbers we just getting lost.  

As I mentioned earlier, this journaling comes from Ali Edwards' One Little Word January prompts.  I used the four areas of my life to focus on intentions for this year:  physical, emotional, creative, and in my relationships.  Then I wrote some overall intentions for each focus area.  It's amazing all the ways I have been inviting my OLW into my life, just by embracing it and taking opportunities to think about and make it mine.




I embellished with some washi tape from one of the MME Cut & Paste lines;  the silver glitter tape Kelly got me for Christmas!; brads, enamel dots, and buttons from the MME Cut & Paste Adorbs collection; word stickers from the MME Cut & Paste Flair collection; and star and arrow Two Peas in a Bucket exclusive paper clips.

I can't tell you how much I love this layout.  I think I'm going to hang it up on my bulletin board in my scrap room so I can see it everyday.  

So, now it's your turn!  Come play along with us and scrap your goals!  It doesn't have to be a new project.  It doesn't have to be related to new year's resolutions or goals.  It doesn't have to be a layout.  Maybe you created a journal to document your personal goals from any areas of your life.  It can be ANYTHING!  We just love seeing your projects!  

Link your project in my comments section on this post, in Kelly's comments section on her blog, or onto our Facebook page (this can be found in my side bar!). You have until Thursday, January 30 at 8pm CST to show us how you're scrapping your goals.  Those that play along could win a $5 gift card to Two Peas in a Bucket.

Don't forget to like our Facebook page!  Now, head on over to Kelly's blog to see how she scrapped her goals.  Looking forward to seeing your projects!

xoxo,
Heather