Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

The One with the Ladies Night Out!

Ooohh la la!  Right?!  It's not what you think...


My friend and I decided a month or so ago that we wanted a craft night.  And we wanted something a little different than paper play.  My friend discovered a pottery place that has pottery painting classes.  And, just by chance, the night we were both free there was a ladies night.  

  
We had a lot of fun.  We painted a ceramic "canvas."  And it was a perfect opportunity to create something to make my One Little Word visible.


How trendy is this background?  My friend and I had no idea what we were making before we walked into the classroom. 


I used a silkscreen for the first time. And we painted with our fingers.  It was really freeing.  


And here is the finished project (minus the visit to the kiln).  I hand-painted my word instead of using a stencil.  This was a perfect opportunity to display my One Little Word.  I can't wait to pick this up and hang it in my scrap room.

I am definitely doing something like this again.  This studio has a ton of raw pottery items that are available to buy and then you can pay for studio time to paint!  The hubby and I decided that we would do that for a date night!

For those of you participating in the One Little Word journey, have you made a project to display your word?

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: