Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

The Season of Love-Valentine's Cards

Valentine's Day is just around the corner.  I don't necessarily love it, but I enjoy it purely for the colors and the opportunity to make cutesy paper crafts!  I love pink!  I'm not ashamed to say how much I love pink.  I'm really liking the pink and aqua combination we're seeing in papercrafting, as well as with Valentine's products.  

Today, I wanted to share with you all some of the supplies I'm using for my fun Valentine's Day cards and crafts.  As you all know, I have an Etsy shop-Sweetly Made Designs-and I have been really busy designing, making, and uploading cards for the season of love.  I'll share some of the cards I've made as well.

Supplies

Maybe it's because I'm new to the papercrafting world (less than 2 years), but I didn't have any Valentine-themed products (well, I had one older Stampin' UP! stamp set).  I have some heart stamps and some patterned paper that could be Valentine's-y, but that is it.  I knew before Christmas was even here that I would be purchasing some Valentine-themed products.

Crate Paper's Love Notes 6x6 Paper Pad
American Crafts Valentine 6x6 Paper Pad (found at Target)


Stamps from Michael's (except for the "how sweet...", which is from Hobby Lobby)

Simon Says Stamp Falling Hearts Stencil
Simon Says Stamp Filled With Love Stamp Set-Collaboration with Mama Elephant

Simon Says Stamp Filled With Love Dies-Collaboration with Mama Elephant
Cards

Celebrate Love Card
Isn't this card too cute?!  I love the white-on-white of the card front on the card base.  I used modeling paste with the fallen hearts stencil for the tone-on-tone texture.  The tags, from the Filled With Love stamp set, are stamped in Stampin' UP! Coastal Cabana ink onto heavyweight white cardstock.  The sentiments are from the same stamp set and stamped in Stampin' UP! Melon Mambo ink.  I then die cut the tags with the coordinating die.  The small hearts on the twine were punched with patterned paper from the American Crafts paper pad.  The larger, dangling heart was cut with my Silhouette from paper found in Target's $1 section and backed with red cardstock for stability.  I wrapped pink and white twine around the card front, stringing on the medium-sized hearts and tags along the way.  I tied the large heart onto a separate piece of twine and tied it to the line to make it more of a hanging "charm."  The tiny hearts were die cut from pink cardstock and pink and aqua glitter paper using the Stitched Journaling Card Die Set from Lawn Fawn.

It's a really simple, yet beautiful Valentine's Day card.

Truly Smitten Card

I really, really love this card.  I think it's because it's less involved than most cards I make.  I used Stampin' UP! Crumb Cake for my card base.  The large heart is cut from a page from the book I'm using to make my More Happy Little Moments book.  There is this large heart that comes in this package of Dear Lizzy Lucky Charms Bits that I have hanging around my scrap room.  I really like the pattern of this heart, but I've never used it.  But it's a great size for a large heart element.  I've been using it as a stencil or mask to cut a heart from different paper.  The typewriter stamp is stamped with Tuxedo Black ink onto heavyweight cardstock, fussy cut, and then adhered with dimensionals.  The tiny hearts are die cut from pink cardstock using the above mentioned Lawn Fawn die set.  I took my white gel pen to add faux stitching around the card front.  

There are just a couple of the Valentine's Day cards I have been making.  I still need to make Michael's card and the cards I'm going to send to family and friends.  I have a couple ideas up my sleeve.

Are you making Valentine's Cards or projects this year?

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: