Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

Another Peak into My More Happy Little Moments Book!

Just last Friday, I was showing you guys a little bit of my More Happy Little Moments altered book.  Well, get excited, because I have some more yummy pages to show you!  WARNING there are a lot of photos, so I tried to make some collages to get all the details in.  You can always go see more pictures of this book here and here.


Isn't my puppy so adorable!  I'm still trying to get the hand of using gelatos.  I know that sounds crazy, but I feel like I sometimes use too much or not enough.  It really is an art.  There are a few different techniques and looks I wanted to include in this altered book:  lots and lots and lots of layers, tags, punched shapes, and watercolors.


As you can see, I've covered all that here on this spread!  In the picture in the top left, I tried so hard to get that banner tucked underneath the cork circle, but the sticker was stuck down and was not coming up!  


I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I haven't done any journaling in this book yet.  Most of my spreads have small tags for hidden journaling, but some spreads don't, so I wanted to give myself some space just to write down what makes me happy and what I'm thankful for at this time in my life.


This picture of me and my husband is from a lifetime ago it seems!  The date on the picture isn't accurate, but it's still been awhile since that photo was taken.  There is something missing on the page with our photo on it, so I may have to go back in a try to add a doily/banner/label layers or something.


This spread has layers and tags and punched shapes, but it also has a glassine bag for my "hidden" journaling.  I incorporated an aqua arrow paper clip, exclusive to 2Peas and some ribbon.  I love making little ribbon tabs with my tiny attacher!


This spread is very special.  A year into our relationship, I got accepted into a graduate program in St. Louis.  Fortunately, Michael was always supportive and knew that I wanted to go back to school to get my Master's.  At that same time, he just started a new career in our hometown, so we decided that he would stay here and I would go to St. Louis.  And oh boy was that a hard two years to be apart.  And we were engaged for the last year of our long-distance relationship.  This day was really special for us for lots of reasons:  I received my Master of Public Health degree (because I'm a badass), but Michael and I had made it through those two years, stronger than ever.  


This spread used a ton of layers behind the photo!  I love it!  And all those papers are from Dear Lizzy lines, 5th & Frolic and Polka Dot Party.  These are probably my favorite collections ever.

So, there you have it.  I'm still not finished with this book.  I probably have 6 or 7 more spreads to complete.  Hopefully I won't wait as long to get it finished as I did to start the album.  Don't forget to check out my gallery at Two Peas in a Bucket for more pictures from my More Happy Little Moments book or any of my other projects.  Also, Kelly and I have a new challenge up here.  Play along and you could win a $5 gift card to Two Peas in a Bucket!

Have a fabulous weekend!

xoxo,
Heather

5 comments:

Emily Adams said...

Your book is turning out really pretty. I love how you're incorporating hidden journaling.

Fleursbydesign said...

Love all the paint, great pages :)

craftykellyj said...

Heather, I'm seriously in love with this book!

Staci said...

You did a beautiful job! :-)

pinkalishious said...

your book is beautiful