Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Project Lifein' It Tuesday

I'm back today to share some more of my Project Life album.  Super, super behind by the way.  I am bound and determined though to be caught up by the start of 2014.  Did I just say 2014?!  I can't believe it!  The new year will be here before you know it.  Enough about how fast time flies, here's a spread from August (man, that seems like ages ago...).


All my cards are the Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic edition of Project Life by Becky Higgins.  I just adore that collection.  I was able to find the die cuts at Hobby Lobby and the 12x12 paper pad at Michael's for $5!  Anyways, most of this spread documents the last Saturday my sister was in town.  I signed up to volunteer at a United Way event in the county I work to help raise money for my agency to get more funding from United Way.  I made Hollie come with me because I didn't want to be by myself.  Plus, it was good bonding time.  It was actually not as eventful as I thought.  We were assigned an obstacle, which we just made sure the runners didn't get hurt.  Because we were a little bored, we took lots of pictures.


I've been trying to get better at including more memorabilia, which I think I did well for this spread.  I included the email about volunteer registration, as well as the map of the race course.  

A quarter of this spread begins to document my trip to St. Louis with my parents and sister to move Hollie into college.  My next 2 spreads I'll show next week will highlight the rest of that trip.


                 

What I like most about this spread is the little bits and pieces I used that have been sitting on my scrap table for a long time.  I keep a few small trays on my table with journaling spots; labels; and bits and pieces from past kits, things I took out to use, but didn't, etc.  I like being able to finally use those bits.  Having those kinds of little pieces hanging out on my table has really helped me utilize my stash and scraps more. 


There you have it; another spread done and making it's way to the album.  (OMG, you guys should see the pile of layouts and Project Life spreads sitting on my shelves that have not made it into an album!)  How are you doing keeping up with Project Life?  Did anyone change their documentation format like I did?

xoxo,
Heather  

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Great pages!
I recognized the hotel right away :)

craftykellyj said...

Love this week's spread. Super cute!