Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

On My Wishlist Wednesday-Documenting December

Morning friends!  Sorry I have been completely MIA for the past couple days.  Monday I was in St. Louis visiting one of my friends before she moves to D.C. for a new job.  I was so exhausted Monday night when I got home, aka I was too lazy to write a post.  And yesterday I was just so tired, with no energy to write even a late post on my Project Life.  But, I will be posting a Project Life spread tomorrow.  

So, what did you guys think of my special announcement last week?!  Are you all as pumped about this blog series with the wonderful Kelster Jean as I am?  We are still working out some details on our first challenge/project.  As soon as we finalize that, I'll let you all know!

So, on to my wishlist...This week I wanted to talk a little about this concept of  December Daily™ created by Ali Edwards.  I participated last year for the first time.  I have yet to finish my album, mostly because I was so done with Christmas by the end of Christmas day (the last few months of 2012 were really overwhelming for me, with getting married and then the holidays; I was just over everything).  I wasn't really prepared to take on this mini album as I should have been.  I have all my photos printed as well as my journaling, my album and all the pretty embellies, stamps, etc. in a box; I just haven't sat down to complete it.  This year, I want to approach the idea of documenting our Christmas season a little differently.  Here's my plan:

-purchase a kit without an album.  I have a turquoise/aqua Simple Stories album I want to use because I really want to incorporate this shade into my color scheme for the season.  I also like the idea of a kit because I can get little bits and pieces from different companies, instead of buying whole packages of embellies and probably spending more money.  Also, everything already coordinates!

-not to do a traditional daily documentation.  My husband and I do not have children yet.  We don't do Christmas-y things everyday in December.  I want to document everything Christmas-y/seasonal starting with Thanksgiving to the New Year.  I don't want to feel pressured to try to do something Christmas-related everyday.  That was difficult for me last year and I didn't like some of the pictures I captured.

-pre-make my pages.  It won't be all the pages (because I don't know what we'll be doing) and they won't be numbered, but I just want to definitely get my Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve/Day pages made.  I'll pre-make some other pages, as well as get the cover and "title" page completed.  I want to be able to take this thing with me to journal my thoughts and activities as they're happening or to at least journal directly in the album without writing it down in a notebook.  I just want to be able to add pictures, dates, and journaling.  

When the talk of a December album starting happening at the beginning of September, I was not ready for it at all!  But, now that fall has kind of kicked in (it's still in the 80s here in the midwest), I've been getting pretty excited about my December album!  I actually want to start working on completing my 2012 December album!  

So, now that I have officially bored you all with my thoughts and excitement about a December album, here are the various products I may get in addition to a kit/want to use in my album.  I still haven't decided which kit I'm going to purchase. I'm really holding out to see what Citrus Twist Kits releases.  I just want my kit to have that turquoise/aqua color in there.

I love everything in this October Afternoon Daily Flash mini collection.  I love the papers, the embellies, the stamps.  It's probably one of my favorite Christmas-themed lines this year.  The only bad thing is it doesn't start shipping until November.  I'd like to get my album ready by the beginning of November.  


I also love the Peace Joy Love line from Lawn Fawn.  Again, it's that blue/aqua color mixed in with the traditional red and green.  I like the sequins, flair, and stamp set in this line too.

These are the two Christmas collections I am loving.  Hopefully, I can get my hands on pieces from each and you'll be seeing it in my Christmas album!  Are you guys doing a December album?  How are you approaching it this year?

xoxo,
Heather

1 comment:

craftykellyj said...

I'm doing a December Daily. I'm only halfway through last year's but I love how it's turning out. Maybe we can incorporate this into our challenges? I'm going to do a blog post about it soon.