Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Special Announcement & Customized Project Life Cards

For those of you that read my post yesterday, you might remember that I had a special announcement for today...

Kelly Jean Guzlas
My dear friend, Kelly at Things About Stuff
My lovely friend Kelly and I will be teaming up for an ongoing crafty blog series!  Kelly, or Kelster Jean as some of you may know her, is an incredible papercrafter!  Go check out her blog, Things About Stuff.  Her projects are so inspirational.  We plan to bring you, our amazing readers, fun inspiration through various challenges thought up by us!  We have tons of ideas and can't wait to share them!  

A little about how Kelly and I met...we met through a scrappy pen pals facebook group around the beginning of the year.  When I found out my new pen pal had a blog, it definitely inspired me to pursue my dream of starting a blog a little more seriously.  It still took me a little bit, but knowing I had a fellow scrapper and friend with a successful and inspirational blog really helped me get over my fear.  

We are ecstatic about this new friendship and inviting our readers to get to know us and participate in our challenges!  Keep coming back for more information!

On to today's project...I want to share with you guys some more Project Life cards I created for my facebook group.  Along with the Halloween-theme cards I posted last week, I also joined the open-theme swap.  For my open theme, I decided to scrap with what I'm loving at the moment:

  • using new product right away
  • using up my scraps
  • tags
  • this new-to-me stamp set I purchased from the FSOT board at 2Peas
  • mist splatters



All the cardstock is from my scrap box.  The tags were punched out using the new We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard 6x6 Paper Pad.  The tag punch (which I've had since high school) is my favorite tool at the moment.  The stamp is from Studio Calico's Marks & Co Project Life Kit.  I used four of the new Stampin' UP! In Colors:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana, and Strawberry Slush.  I then used one of my circle dies to cut out the stamped image.  I splattered my cardstock with Opaque White Mister Huey's.  My die-cut stamped images are adhered with pop dots.  



These cards were a lot of fun to make.  I love being able to break in my new scrappy goodies right away.  It was not too long ago that I would buy something and then not use it for months.  I've been changing my ways!  

Okay my friends, that's it for me today.  Don't forget to head on over to Kelly's blog to read about the announcement and to check out her crafty skills.  And come back to hear more about our blog series.

xoxo,
Heather

3 comments:

Catherine said...

Very cute...nice use of layering.

msmith434343 said...

Fun! I really love those colors together! Best of luck on your new adventure.

Emily Adams said...

These cards are awesome! I love how the colors changes the look of each one!