Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Halloween Pocket Style Cards

Good morning everyone!  I'm back today to share with you all a Project Life card swap I've recently finished.  If you're not aware, there is this amazing Facebook group-Project Life Card Swap Divas-that organize many monthly swaps.  I've been involved with the group for a few months now and love it!  This is how it works:  you sign up for swaps with a theme or themes that are of interest to you; you make how ever many Project Life cards according to how many people signed up for that particular swap; you send in all your cards to the host; she sends back one card created from each person in the swap group.  It's a great way to create, to challenge yourself, use your stash, and get a ton of different Project Life cards.  Every month there are main monthly swaps, mini swaps, and bonus/extra swaps.  So far this month, I've participated in the pocket-themed, Filofax/planners, Halloween-themed, and open-themed swaps.  Today, I have a few pictures from my Halloween-themed swap.  

**To warn you, the pictures are not that great.  I'm not home during the day during the week to get good pictures with good lighting.  I'm going to have to work way ahead on projects to get them photographed during the weekend for you guys.


I love the Halloween-themed scrapbook products out there, but I don't ever scrapbook Halloween.  Last year, Michael and I didn't do anything for the holiday; I didn't even make Halloween cards!  So, I jumped on the chance to create some Halloween Project Life cards for a swap.  I picked up some new products at my LSS.


I had a lot of fun with these cards.  I used ink pads I haven't used in awhile.  I used a different color combination (green, purple, orange, black).  It was just fun.



As most scrapbookers, I've been in love with enamel dots.  They are so lovely and just create that perfect touch, but they are expensive.  Let me tell you about puffy paint....Michael was actually the one to pick out this set of 15+ bottles of puffy paint at the store the other day.  He thought it would be cool if I used some.  I said "Yeah, awesome!," but didn't really know what I'd use it for...until I experimented in my scrap room!  I've been using them to mimic enamel dots!  The only downside is the dry time:  at least 4 hours.  But, it's totally worth it for a more affordable way to get that enamel dot look.

That's it for me today.  Come back tomorrow for Filofax Friday!  I also want to tell you guys about this amazing company, pinkfresh studio.  I won a giveaway on Caroline Hancock's blog last week, which included a goodie bag of new pinkfresh studio products!  I got my goodie bag and everything is yummy!  Come back tomorrow to see some lovely products!

xoxo,
Heather 

3 comments:

Emily Adams said...

These cards are too cute. I'm participating in my first swap over on that group this month. I love it!

Anonymous said...

cute cards! I agree, I hardly ever do anything with Halloween supplies, but when I do, its fun to use those stamps and stickers that are just waiting. Love the cute little bat

craftykellyj said...

Love the cards! I'll have to remember for when I start PL!