Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

A New Blog Series Featuring My Sister!

As I hinted at yesterday, I have a guest blogger!  Well, she doesn't have her own blog, but she will have her own series of posts on my blog!  Let me give you a little background about how this series came to be.  Over the weekend, my sister sent me a rough draft of an English paper she was working on.  I can't tell you what the "instructions" were for this paper, but her writing style was amazing.  And yes, I am a little biased, but after you guys read her stories, I know I won't be the only one thinking this.  And not only is her writing style amazing, but her ability to tell a story is incredible.  As storytellers ourselves, we can really appreciate that talent.  After being amazed, as well as having learned something about my own sister, I asked her to guest post on my blog. There's the background and here she is...

Greetings all!
I am Hollie, Heather's sister. I am here to bring you an exciting series along with Coffee and Pretty Paper basically following me and my adventures and exploration as a college student. I know many are nostalgic of their college years, with them being the best part of the adolescent life . Or maybe you are still in high school searching for the college of your dreams, ready to be out on your own. Or maybe you never went to college and would like a taste of it. Whatever age, whatever your situation, you will enjoy this series. I want to show you the college experience, as real as it is. So kick back, enjoy the ride, and welcome to Coffee and College!

Now let me formally introduce myself. Hi, I'm Hollie. I am 18, turning 19 here in a couple months. I'm a freshman at the University of Missouri- St. Louis (UMSL, as you will be seeing it from now on) studying Criminology/Criminal Justice. I picked UMSL for their beautiful campus and of course because they are ranked TOP 4 in the nation for criminology and criminal justice studies. And we are literally minutes away from St. Louis! Let me clarify something just for the sake of time, UMSL is NOT St. Louis University (SLU) NOR is it University of Missouri- Columbia (Mizzou). I know it gets confusing. I like to think of it as a mixture of the two, to help people understand. I am a general member of the University Program Board here, otherwise known as UPB. You will hear about this a lot. We plan and organize events for students throughout the year, just making campus more interactive, helping people meet new people, especially those first few weeks of college. Now, there will be a later "starting" post officially starting this series in just a few days. 

I wanted to introduce myself to you scrapbookers and coffee lovers. I hope you enjoy this series. I won't disappoint.

I hope you fall in love with my college and campus as you follow me through the roller coaster of emotions attached to the college experience.

xoxo,
Heather & Hollie


2 comments:

Caroline said...

OMG your sister is studying something I would love to do. I know it is crazy but When I first saw CSI i thought WOW I would love to do that job, It is something I have looked into over here, but with a daughter and also a husband who works off shore I just can not do it. What an amazing job Hollie will end up with.

Fleursbydesign said...

Looking forward to seeing your posts :)