Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Project Lifein' It Tuesday

I know, I know.  It's basically Wednesday and here I go posting my Tuesday post.  I have to admit, I haven't been feeling particularly crafty.  Do you ever get in that weird mood when scrapping doesn't even sound exciting?! *shame on you say the crafty gods*  I get that way if I take more than a few days "off" from scrapping (and sometimes when it's that time of the month).  Last week was pretty busy for me, so most evenings I wasn't even at home.  The weekend was packed with birthday shopping, party attending, etc.  It's like I lost my scrappy mojo when life got in the way!  So, there's my long-winded excuse for posting so late on Tuesday.

Beginning of August

As you can see, I've continued into August with the Midnight Core Kit.  I've said it before and I'll say it again:  LOVE. THIS. KIT.  I feel as if it's made my monthly documentation easier.  I don't know why.  I really can't explain it.  

Not including the tail-end of July, this spread was the only spread in which I used different design photo pocket pages other than Design A (my favorite) or Design D.  Not being such a perfectionist with documenting my daily life has opened up my options.  Watch out scrappy world!  Here, I've used Design H and Design G.  I just love this spread.  It makes me smile, mostly because of that cute little girl on the far right!  That's my niece Abigail.  She looks exactly like her Uncle Mike (my husband).  She has a lot of the Sweet genes.  She is a good mix of my sister-in-law and her husband.  She is our only niece as of now and I want to eat her up!  Love her!  Anyways...

This spread spanned some of the first part of August:  the 1st to the 15th (not including the trip to St. Louis to move my sister into UMSL).  I had one of my last "dates" with my best friend.  She headed back to graduate school (go Jess!) right after Hollie went off to school.  My sister-in-law, her husband, my beautiful niece, and my husband's aunt were in town the first weekend of August.  Hollie and I had a sister date.  

Title Card
I love these Thickers!  I actually had a hard time using them on traditional scrapbook layouts, but they work perfectly with the Midnight Core Kit!

Right Side

I noticed that the yellow color in the Simple Stories Sn@p! original collection is the perfect match to the yellow in the Midnight Core Kits.  Or, at least enough of a match.  This was an awesome discovery because I had such a difficult time using that shade of yellow (as you may have picked up on, I'm a bright scrapper).  So anytime I can use my stash, I love it!  It just means I can buy new stuff!  *wink, wink*

So, there you have it.  Tonight, I finished a Project Life spread.  I'm trying to catch up for you guys!  But, let's face it, who's ever really caught up...

xoxo,
Heather

7 comments:

msmith434343 said...

Great job. I'm so in love with the Midnight kit - and I'm not a "kit" person! Loving the yellow.

Dictionary said...

Great little pages, love the yellow!

Anonymous said...

Fun pages, love how you color coordinated everything!

craftykellyj said...

Love the pages! You know I get like that (I just addressed it on my blog). Its nice to do simple little projects to get myself going again.

Stephanie said...

LOVE your Project Life spread - the black and orange look fabulous together! So glad I found your blog, your work is great.

Unknown said...

Miss you!

Tracy said...

Your pages look pretty creative to me.
These are awesome :)