Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

My First Shared Layout

Good morning paper lovers!  I have my very first layout to share.  


When I started putting this layout together, I was not happy with it.  I wasn't liking the color combinations or that background patterned paper.  I subscribe to the Citrus Twist Main Scrapbooking Kit. My goal for the past few months is to "kill" my kit before the next month's kit arrives at my door.  Since I've set this goal, I've actually been getting a lot more pictures scrapped, cards made, etc.  So, anyways, when I begin piecing together a layout, I pull out my Citrus Twist monthly kit.   There was something about August's kit that wasn't really my style, but I am bound and determined to kill it! 

Most of this layout is made from my stash.  The background paper comes from the Citrus Twist August Patterned Paper Add-On.  The paper the picture is matted with, the green paper with hearts, the pocket journal card, and the wood veener arrow heads are from the Citrus Twist main kit.  Everything else is from my stash.  

As I was saying, the start of this layout was not going well.  But once I got the paper glued down and pulled out embellishments, I really started to like it.  My favorite part of scrapbooking is the process of creating.  I love taking out all my embellies and seeing where they fit.   Once you hit that step in the process, everything starts to flow, the page comes alive, and you're using stuff in your stash that you never thought you would or just haven't been able to get on a page.  That's why I love scrapbooking.


Enough about the process, I bet you're wondering where in the hell this title of the layout came from:  Bubble Butt.  The title has everything to do with my sister and me, but nothing to do with that picture or when that picture was taken.  "Bubble Butt" wasn't even significant to Hollie and me until after that picture was taken.  But when I looked at the picture, sitting on my scrap table, that is what came to mind.  You see, Hollie and I have a fantastically comical, quirky, and, fun sister relationship.  My sister is one of my favorite people in the world.  She's probably one of the funniest people I've had the pleasure of being friends with.  We moved her into college in the middle of August (after the picture was taken).  I rode down with her for some sister bonding.  While we were driving that song came on, Bubble Butt, and it just stuck with us.  It become our running joke during her move-in trip.  Just a week or so ago, I heard the song on the radio and sent Hollie a text.  She then calls me and the first thing she says after I answer is "bubble butt, bubble bubble bubble butt."  So, it's funny.  It's us.  That's what this picture reminded me of:  my amazingly humorous relationship with my sister.  


So, there you have it, the story behind the picture.  Hopefully this gives you all a little insight into my scrapbooking style, as well as my life.  

Now that you have seen my first layout, what more would like to see from me in the area of scrapbook layouts:  tutorials, product specifics, etc?

Until next time,
~~Heather


19 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

So soft and pretty!

Dictionary said...

Very cute, so nice to hear you have such a great relationship with your sister.

Unknown said...

Thank you! I am really surprised with how it turned out, because I wasn't liking it when I started!

Unknown said...

Thank you! Sometimes our relationship can be a bit difficult because of our 6.5 year difference in age, and she's in such a defining part of life, but our relationship will only get better! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Mary Jo said...

So fun!
Great story behind the page and title.
I think those are the best to document and one of my favorite things about scrapbooking :)

Anonymous said...

Very sweet layout! Congrats on your new blog! I will visit again soon.

Kimberly Kett said...

I like how it came together! Sweet colours and layers!

craftykellyj said...

Beautiful layout! Congrats on your blog girlie!! I love it!

Sue Althouse said...

Kits can be a challenge, but you came up with a wonderful page! congrats!

Unknown said...

I definitely liked telling the story behind the layout and will be doing more of that. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'm happy you stopped by and looking forward to seeing more of your comments! Please stop by again!

Unknown said...

Thank you Kimberly! Layers are so fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kelly girl! Of course, having an amazing pen pal, such as yourself, with your own blog, definitely was inspiring to me!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sue for stopping by my blog! Kits can be challenging, but they can be so much fun! Stop by again soon!

Nirupama said...

So nice! And a cute story about your sister to boot. Keep blogging!!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I appreciate your comment and definitely plan to keep blogging! Thanks for stopping by!

Isbaha said...

As for me, I like it ! Love this coral color, my favorite right now. Pretty layout !

Mary Pat Siehl said...

your layout is awesome!! great job

Emily Adams said...

Sweet story and cute page!