Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"Year One: 2013" Layout

I know, it's supposed to be Project Lifein' It Tuesday, but I haven't completed a Project Life spread.  I do apologize.  But, I have a layout for you instead!  I haven't shared a layout in awhile, so I'm excited!  As you guys know from my video here (go check it out!  It's my first one!), that it's been quite the creative challenge for me recently to make a layout...


This layout here, came together so quickly!  I am so happy with it.  I didn't feel rushed in putting it together.  I didn't feel doubt about doing certain embellishing.  

Elle's Studio, Sketch Thursday

I used this sketch from Elle's Studio.  As you can tell, I followed it very closely.  What drew me to this particular sketch was the triangle cluster on the left side of the page and the banner cluster on the top of the page.  I LOVE BANNERS, so of course, I had to make a layout based on this sketch.  


I recently purchased the Maggie Holmes Flea Market by Crate Paper and the Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste 6x6 paper pads.  I wanted to use them right away.  I thought this sketch with all those triangles (23, to be exact) would be a great way to dig into my new paper pads.  I made my own triangle template/stencil to cut out all my triangles.  I then sewed them down with metallic gold thread (which I am loving right now too).  I love how well these two, very different lines, go together.  The photo is mounted on papers from these paper pads as well.  


This banner cluster was also made with papers from the same 6x6 paper pads.  I used two of my handmade embellishments I made with my Citrus Twist Kits October Main Scrapbook Kit.  The best thing about those pre-made embellishments:  they're made with papers from the Maggie Holmes Flea Market collection (well, except for the ampersand circle...)!  The light pink/dark pink striped ribbon is from a previous CT kit, I think from earlier in the year.  And the anchor flag is from a Studio Calico printable I believe from a class in March or June.  The light blue ribbon is from a Dear Lizzy collection, I believe 5th and Frolic, but I don't know for sure.  Those few things I've had sitting on my desk, waiting to be put on a layout.  The final touch was a splattering of Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Primrose.



Other supplies not mentioned above:  AlphasBegonia Cut Outs Rubber Thickers-Amy Tangerine Cut & Paste; Stamps: Citrus Twist Kits September Main Scrapbook Kit; Ink:  Stampin' UP! Smokey Slate; Turquoise Arrow: Recorded Heart & Arrow Paperclips by Allison Kreft for Webster's Pages  (all supplies listed here, except for ink, are from CT main scrapbook kits)

In October, my husband and I celebrated our first anniversary!  This layout is to document our year one together.  We had my best friend take some pictures of us at the park where we were supposed to get married.  Long story short about our wedding day, it poured down rain all morning and we weren't able to get married outside at this gorgeous gazebo at this particular park.  So Michael and I decided that we'd visit the park each year on our anniversary.

Alright friends, that is it for me today.  Come back tomorrow to see more on my wishlist.  Black Friday is in a few days!

xoxo,
Heather


5 comments:

Keshet said...

This is fabulous--love your take on the sketch! The colors are so vibrant and fun!

Unknown said...

awesome! love all the elements! totally pinning this

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful layout, love the triangles :)

Emily Adams said...

I love this layout - the triangles are awesome! I love the gold thread. Awesome letters. I really love everything about this layout!

craftykellyj said...

Gorgeous layout Heather! I love that sketch. I need to use it. And how funny that your wedding story sounds similar to mine....I'm seriously thinking we were sisters in another life.

PS: Check out my Reading List post. I added your blog to it! http://kelsterjean.blogspot.com/2013/11/reading-list.html