Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

My One Little Word 2014: DO


My One Little Word for 2014.  DO.  I am very excited about bringing this word into my life.  Something I will have to learn about embracing this word is not to let my life get too hectic.  DO, for me, doesn't mean I have to say yes to everything; DO every plan I think of; participate in every challenge/activity.  DO means for me that I will not be afraid to go after my dreams; I will just DO it.  I won't be afraid to succeed; I'll just DO it; I won't be afraid to DO what makes me happy; I will just DO it.  I want to embrace my life; I want to live my life.  I'm extremely blessed to be healthy, young, motivated, intelligent, I don't want to waste this amazing opportunity.  

I procrastinate...a lot.  I used to make new year's resolutions about not procrastinating, blah, blah, blah.  It never really worked out.  I think it's because I was focusing so much on that negative behavior:  procrastination.  That's all I thought about:  not procrastinating.  DO is such a positive spin on the stereotypical goal of not procrastinating.  

So, instead of focusing on all these behaviors or things I don't necessarily like about myself, I'm going to focus on what I can DO to make me an even better me.  

I've started a Pinterest board about my One Little Word.  Feel free to follow it, get inspired, get motivated, and just DO.

Here's to making the most of 2014 and to just DO.

xoxo,
Heather

P.S.--I will be sharing my OLW pages on my blog throughout the year.  I do not have a set schedule yet (i.e. weekly, bi-weekly, monthly), but it will be on a Monday.  Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all!

4 comments:

Fleursbydesign said...

Great word - I picked this one too :)

Mary Jo said...

This is such a great word! I love how you made it positive and the idea of creating a Pinterest board for it!!

Emily Adams said...

Great word- good luck on your journey!

Gisele Chastain said...

Awesome word!! Something I'm definitely focusing on this year as well!