Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

More Happy Little Moments Altered Book

So, way back in June, I signed up for Studio Calico's "More Happy Little Moments" class.  I was able to purchase the class for only $8, so I decided what the heck, why not.  I created my own kit from 2Peas and my stash.  I purchased a vintage hardcover book from a used bookstore (is this what they're called?) downtown.  I even got around to cutting out groups of pages to make room for layers, dimensional embellishments, etc.  And then I set it aside....for months!  Until, this week!  I had Monday off work and my husband was out of town for training so I had all of Monday to myself.  I didn't have to worry about chores or dinner in the evening.  It was honestly really nice (although, I did miss my husband).  What better time to work on a more time-consuming project than a day off work with nothing planned?  

I worked on my altered book all morning and off and on in the afternoon and evening.  I was able to get half of my "layouts" that I had planned complete.  It doesn't sound like I accomplished a lot, but I really did, especially with all the techniques I was using and the different media...I'm very proud of myself and am really looking forward to finishing this altered book.

Today, I have some pictures for you lovely readers. It's not everything I've done so far, but a few pages.  Also, sorry about the quality of these pictures.  I didn't have great light.  I was at work on my break, so I had to work with what I had.

First page:  actually completed back in July

I love this spread!  I like the punched shapes and watercolor spots I did. 



I have been loving doilies lately.  I want to use them on everything!  As you can see!  I think a doily has been in every spread of this book so far.


Last picture for this post-one of my husband and me!  That was before we were a Mr. and Mrs.  I think even before we were engaged.  This makes me smile!

Okay, I'll post more of my Happy Little Moments book next week.  And head to my 2Peas gallery to see more pictures and details from my More Happy Little Moments altered book!

xoxo,
Heather

1 comment:

angie gutshall said...

This is gorgeous! Love it!!