Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sweet & Kelster Challenge: Halloween!

Happy Thursday lovely readers!  It's time for another challenge with my dear friend Kelly over at Things About Stuff!  We only had one person link up their take on our watercolor challenge:  Mandi.  Gorgeous Mandi!  You guys should check them out herehere and here.  Mandi, please email me at heather.sweet12@gmail.com to talk about your prize!  

If it isn't obvious enough from our title, our challenge this time was Halloween-themed!  Kelly and I both love Halloween scrappy products, but neither of do much for the actual holiday.  We decided that we'd take advantage of our challenges and create something with Halloween products.



Aren't these treat bags just the cutest things EVER?!  I've never made anything besides PL spreads, cards, tags, or layouts, so this was definitely different for me. As you guys know, my sister is in college.  When I was in college, I always loved getting happy mail, cards, and packages.  It didn't happen often, but it was awesome when it did happen.  I want to make sure my sister gets lots of happy mail.  So, Hollie, I know you're reading this and these treat bags are coming your way!



This treat bag was inspired by a Simon Says Stamp YouTube video recently posted.  It was so easy to make too.  The only thing that took a little time was die cutting those different colored circles.  I used my Cuddlebug, so I had to run the different colored paper through 4 times.  But after that, it came together so easily.  

You can see more of the decoration on the back of the bag.  You could also make these treat bags with any holiday theme.  With Christmas coming up, I just may be making more of these...


The other 2 treats bags are more of a bag topper.  I used the Creepy paper from the We R Memory Keepers Bewitched line. The washi tape is from Queen and Co.  The "trick or treat" is from the Treat or Treat Lawn Fawn stamp set.  


This last treat bag uses stamps from a Fiskars set.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of this particular stamp set.  I had a lot of fun making these bags.  It makes me want to want to create more papercraft products outside of my usual box.

Now, go check out Kelly's blog to see what Halloween goodness she created!  Since Halloween is a week from today and more than likely you guys may be creating Halloween layouts or mini albums or PL spreads after Halloween, we're going to give you TWO weeks to link up your projects in either my comments section or Kelly's comments section.  So, you guys have until Wednesday, November 7th to play along.  And there is a scrappy product prize involved: a $5 gift card to Two Peas in a Bucket!

xoxo,
Heather

3 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

those treat toppers are soooo cute

Catherine said...

Cute idea and one lucky sister!

craftykellyj said...

Love these!!!!!