Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

"From This Day Forward" Layout

So, I finally scrapped a picture twice.  Well, I guess it would be my second time doing this...but this particular layout I'm sharing with you today I intentionally scrapped this picture again.


The first time I scrapped this picture, it was bright and really "lovey" visually.  This time around, I wanted to 1) use my November 2013 Citrus Twist Kit main kit and 2) match the colors of the photo.  


As you can see, I have been loving layers!  I have so many papers:  scraps, 12"x12", 6"x6" paper pads, and cut apart cards!  Not only am I trying to tell more of our stories, but I'm really trying to deplete my stash.  I made my background paper based on this video from Maggie Holmes for Studio Calico.  Except for those really thin strips of paper, all the paper is from the CT kit.  The 3"x4" card, the gold glitter Thickers, and the vellum banner flag are also from the kit.  Everything else is from my stash.


This picture was taken the morning after Michael and I got married.  We were having brunch with his family and one of his aunts wanted a picture of the newlyweds.  I wanted to use this page as a letter to my husband about how much we have changed since the day we became a Mr. and Mrs.  Obviously, my journaling isn't done yet, but there is a strip of ledger paper on the right side that will hold all my thoughts and feelings about being married to my best friend for the past 18 months.  There are so many feelings I have now looking back on that picture.  It's something I definitely want to document.  


Okay, so that is all I wanted to share with you today.  Don't forget, Kelly and I have a current Valentine card(s) challenge.  Check out this post for all the details.  You have until Thursday, February 13 at 8pm CST to link up your project.  Link to my blog, to Kelly's blog, or to our Facebook page (button on my sidebar)!  I'll be back soon with some fun news!

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: