Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

On Trend: Gold--Practical Scrappers DT Project

Welcome to my first ever design team project!  Can't you tell I'm excited?!  This month's Practical Scrappers on trend focus is GOLD!  And you all know how much I LOVE gold...

I absolutely had to play along with this on trend focus.  Something I'm working on this year is expanding my papercrafting creativity.  I love layouts, cards, and mini albums, but I want to challenge myself creatively and start making other paper goodness.


And here is an adorable treat/goodie bag!  This idea comes from Angie over at Chic 'n Scratch.  I love watching her YouTube videos making different projects with Stampin' UP! products.  While I was watching the video where she demonstrates how to make this bag, I instantly knew my first Practical Scrappers project would be a gold bag.


Products I Used

  • Gold doilies vellum from Crate Paper Maggie Holmes' Flea Market collection
  • Versamark Ink
  • Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
  • Black Card Stock
  • Gold chevron paper from My Mind's Eye Record It! Charmed collection
  • Metallic gold and white twine
  • Paper trimmer
  • Score Board


Tutorial 
**I had to make this bag again a couple more times to get figure out what I did wrong.  The bag pictured at a score line wrong, so the front of the bag is wider than the bag of the bag.**


  1. Cut a 12"x12" piece of paper to 11 5/8"x5"
  2. Score at 1 3/8" down the length of the paper or on the portrait side
  3. Turn the paper and score at 2 1/8", 5 1/4", 7 3/8", and 10 7/16" on the landscape side
  4. Fold the paper at all the score lines
  5. Turn your paper on the landscape side.  There will be longer rectangles on the top and shorter rectangles at the bottom.  Cut up on all the score lines (from the bottom of the paper with the shorter rectangles) to the perpendicular 1 3/8" score line
  6. At the ends of the paper there will be 2 "thinner" panels.  Cut the bottom square out made by the 10 7/16" score line intersecting with the 1 3/8" score .
  7. Start to fold your paper into the bag shape.  All those flaps will form the bottom of the bag.  Fold your shorter flaps in and then adhere one of the wider flaps onto the other to get the bottom of the bag.
  8. Gentle tuck in the sides of the bag so we can tie the top closed
  9. Hole punch at the top of the bag
  10. Heat emboss your sentiment onto cardstock and cut into a pennant shape
  11. Mount sentiment pennant onto patterned paper cut into a slightly larger pennant
  12. Adhere sentiment to bag
  13. Tie bag closed with twine


Now you have your cute bag!  Check out the original blog post with the video here. 


This is a quick project to put together if you need something last minute.  They would be super cute as the bags for party favors for a birthday party or bridal shower or any kind of party.


Hope you enjoyed my first Practical Scrappers DT project!  Next time I do a project with lots of steps, I'll do better at taking pictures along the way.  

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: