Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Me on the 27th Series: January Review

I completed my first month of my monthly series, "Me on the 27th."  Except, I think I'm going to rename this series as "7 on the 27th."  My goal is to journal or document seven things about me currently on the 27th each month (27 is just too much!).  Those seven things will be journaled onto my monthly layout and I'll also provide some hidden journaling for all my other thoughts.


As you can see, I haven't added my journaling.  I still don't know if I'm going to write directly on the patterned paper or do typed journaling on strips of cardstock.  I have already written down what happened that day and some of my thoughts.  Now, I just need to do some editing.


I am really excited about this series.  It's my attempt to really connect with myself and who I am becoming as a woman, a wife, an adult.  I also want to be more aware of who I am right now.  All of my titles will be "Me" and the date.  So, this middle cluster contains lots of layers and a photo of me taken that day.  Underneath all those lovely layers is an envelope cut from my Cameo.  The envelope looks like a coin envelope.  Inside are two journaling cards attached with washi tape to make them flip open. 


 All of these photos on this layout were posted to my Instagram throughout the day.  I did note the specifics of each picture when I did my journaling at the end of the day.  I just wrote down what I had written when I posted each picture.


Those rosettes were such a pain in the ass to make!  I think I spent 30-45 minutes making these stupid things, but it was worth it.  I love them!  They add so much texture to a project.  I need to start making them more and experimenting with different shaped borders. 

I used my November 2013 Citrus Twist kit for this layout.  I finally killed that kit!  I'll have a post sharing the remnants of that kit and the layouts I made.

Confession:  I almost forgot about this day!  As you all know from my post at the beginning of the year, each month I was doing to document my day, similar to Ali Edwards' Day in the Life.  Anyways, I was at work, looking at my planner, planning my day when I saw my note in there about my blog series!  I'm glad I wrote that note in my planner, or else I probably would have forgotten until the evening.

I'm really looking forward to documenting me throughout the year.  I'm excited to see how my pages and my journaling will evolve.  I really hope you guys are enjoying this series.  Let me know if you have any ideas on how to document the 27th!

xoxo,
Heather




No comments: