Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Make A Card Monday: A Thank You Card

Happy Monday! (I know, the "happy" is questionable.) Let's kick off the week with some lovely card inspiration, shall we?

One type of card I seem to be creating a lot, as well as never seem to have enough of, is a thank you card. This thank you card I recently created to go out with a Just Two Midwest Girls scrap challenge prize winner. But, this card design can be used to thank anyone in your life.

Thank You Card

This card was really fun to make. I used my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board, which I LOVE! If you don't have one, definitely invest in one. I've been wanting to create this type of envelope card for awhile, but never sat down to make it happen. 

I made an envelope, according to the directions on the punch board, for a 4" x 4" card. Using the envelope I created as my card base, I layered my patterned paper and cardstock inside. On my cardstock, I stamped the flowers using a gold metallic stamp ink right in the center of my square. I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and cut it into a thin strip to make a banner. I adhered that to my solid colored cardstock, layering three pink/salmon enamel dots on one end to balance the banner cut on the opposite end. Then, I added faux stitching along the edge using my white gel pen.

Thank You Card

Once the inside of the card envelope was complete, I used ribbon to keep it closed. The tag you see on the front holds my message to the prize winner. You can definitely add your message inside of the envelope. I was thinking of making my top layer of cardstock a flip up, adding the message on the next layer. I decided to use a tag on the outside instead. 

Thank You Card

So, the person receiving this fun and lovely card just has to untie the ribbon and open up the envelope to see the "card" on the inside. 

This card didn't take me long to create. I definitely see more cards like this in my cardmaking future! 

What new card designs have you come across lately? Anything you want to try or have tried recently? Let me know in the comments! 

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: