Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wall Art Project: How-To (Just Two Midwest Girls Scrap Challenge)

Happy Hump Day! Yesterday, I was up on the Just Two Midwest Girls scrap challenge blog giving ya'll a closer look at this super cute wall part project for the August challenge! I figured I'd share it here on my blog too.

DSCN2863

Reading the challenge launch post, I was kind of scrambling to finish, let alone, start this challenge. I definitely did not give myself enough time for all my grandiose plans, again, which I discussed in the post linked above. Even though my original plan(s) were not the turn out, I still love my wall art piece.

I have seriously been obsessed (borderline unhealthy) with this Coastal Cabana color from Stampin' UP! Like, I don't think there's been a project recently in which I HAVEN'T used this color. I'm constantly gravitating to it.

Anyways, when picking the color scheme for my wall art, I was trying to think of to whom I would gift this. It's a perfect "print" for a nursery or child's room. And of course, I thought of my best friend's son, who's still pretty brand new. Blue and gray it was!

DSCN2867

Using my Silhouette Cameo, I die cut the letters of the alphabet using the Coastal Cabana cardstock and Smokey Slate cardstock, also by Stampin' UP! I used the Aharoni font and made each letter about an inch in height. The alphabet was typed in one text box, so I could resize the letters as one item, making everything proportional. I die cut a super cute Echo Park heart I found in the Silhouette Online Store. This was die cut in Coastal Cabana at a slightly larger size to highlight it as the focus piece.

I cut a piece of white cardstock-I believe it's the Bazzil white orange peel cardstock-to 7.5" x 9.5". I adhered the letters, alphabetically (obviously) paying close attention to the layout of the I (heart) U focus. You obviously want this in a diagonal layout. I replaced the "O" with the heart. I then cut a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock to 8" x 10", mounting the white piece of cardstock on top.

And there you have it! Super simple and easy. This project would make a great baby shower gift. Just plop this guy in a frame and voila!

Make sure to play along with us over on the Just Two Midwest Girls scrap challenge blog this month. Show us how you're using all those letters! Challenge details can be found here!

xoxo,
Heather


No comments: